Lancaster University is offering Peel Studentships for the year 2022/2023. There are usually 20 awards available up to an individual maximum of Up to £4,000. Lancaster University, also officially known as the University of Lancaster, is a public research university in Lancaster, Lancashire, England. The Peel Studentship Trust was established in 1964 by donations from the Dowager Countess Eleanor Peel Trust.
The awards are available for the support of students for first or higher degrees, in any subject. The period of the award is one academic year, although students can apply each year. The value of the award is determined by the Trustees in each case.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 28th May 2022.
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate and master, research programs.
- Study Subject: Studentship is to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Awards: Up to £4,000 and paid in three termly instalments dependent on satisfactory academic progression.
- Number of Scholarships: A maximum of approximately 20 awards are made each year.
- Nationality: UK, EU, and international applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must be aged 21 and over on the first day of the first term for which they are seeking assistance. The award is based on academic merit and financial hardship. The Trustees will consider both academic and financial positions.
- The application process (see below) for this award is very competitive and therefore only fully completed applications will be considered. A maximum of approximately 20 awards is made each year.
- How to Apply: Please download and complete a Peel Trust Studentship Application Form using the Peel Studentship Guidance Notes to help you.
- Completed applications should be returned by the due date to Peel Secretary, Student Funding Service, c/o The Base, University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YW
- Please note that the selection process is made during the summer and successful applicants will be notified by August.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.