How to Apply for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
(1) Gather your application materials:
- Undergraduate transcripts: If you don’t have an official transcript yet when applying, you may upload an unofficial copy. However, all accepted students must submit official transcripts during course registration in September, before the academic year begins.
- Undergraduate diploma: If you are applying before having completed your undergraduate program, you will need to to upload a signed letter stating that you commit to graduating before you begin your master’s program at the Barcelona GSE
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- Statement of purpose (700 words maximum)
- Proof of English language proficiency: Unless you are a native English speaker or have done your undergraduate degree at an English-speaking university, you must provide TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge scores or certificates. If you are not yet in possession of one of these language certificates, we suggest you wait to apply until you can fulfill this requirement with the documents required.
- Optional but highly recommended: GRE General Test scores: Applicants to all programs are encouraged to provide the scores of the GRE General Test, which are often an important element for admission decisions.
A good GRE result is particularly helpful to candidates who have a bachelor in social sciences or other undergraduate degree without a strong quantitative component. In previous years, the GRE score has helped directors to identify candidates with excellent potential but little previous exposure to serious mathematical training. Hence we strongly encourage candidates to submit a GRE. (Barcelona GSE institution code for GRE General Test: 2531).
- Two reference letter include:
– Intellectual ability
– Research abilities/experience
– Motivation to face challenges
– Capacity to work in groups
– Propensity to thrive in new environment
(2) Complete the online application form : All programs share one online application form. When you create your application, you will have the option to list up to three programs, in order of your preference.
(3) You may submit only one application, with up to three program choices, per academic year.
(4) There is an application fee of 60€ (non-refundable). Most major credit card and bank transfer options are available.
(5) You will receive your admission decision and any financial aid offer within 4-6 weeks (if seats are still available in your program)