How to Apply: The registration period begins on 14 December 2021. The candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission where he intends to submit the application file about the enrolment calendar. The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission.
- Incomplete or non-compliant dossiers with the fields of study and methodology are considered disqualified and will not be evaluated by the MFA committee. The files of the rejected candidates following the evaluation of the MFA and MNE committees are not returned. Dossiers filed directly with the MFA or MNE registration offices are not considered.
Documents required completing the file: The application file must contain the following documents:
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
- The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a award in Romania, filled in correctly;
- The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or it’s equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets/diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable;
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian;
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport;
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies;
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
The files will also be filled in with the following documents (only for candidates falling within the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Proof of name change (if applicable) – copy and legalized translation;
- The certificate attesting the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral exam, as the case may be, for current year’s graduates – copy and certified translation;
- Certificate of graduation of the Romanian preparatory year or Language Proficiency Certificate, if applicable;
- Declaration on parental consent in case of juvenile candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian).
Procedure for file analysis and selection of scholars
- The MFA checks the application files and presents the files that are eligible to the MFA Selection Board. The files selected by the MFA Commission will be forwarded to the MNE Selection Board.
- The members of the two commissions evaluate the application files according to the scientific competencies of the candidates, as well as the chosen field of study.
- The Boards will approve, within the number of places, the list of accepted candidates.
- English Language Requirements: In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education Scientific Research has decided that the beneficiaries of The grants should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.