Bourse d’études Royaume-Uni 2022/2023 : Masters degree program at the University of Glasgow
Type de bourse
Date fin de candidature
14 janv. 2022
Bourse d’études Royaume-Uni 2022/2023 : Masters degree program at
the University of Glasgow
The International Master in Security, Intelligence and Strategic Studies (IMSISS) welcomes applications from students around the world.
The scholarship application deadline is 14th January 2022. The application deadlines for self-funded students are 25th July 2022 (International applicants).
Applicants will be recruited to the IMSISS programme generally and asked to indicate their Study Track preference in their application. The University of Glasgow Admissions team will assess applications for the programme generally, using the base entry requirements for Study Track A (Dublin)and make offers. Applicants should note that Study Track preference is not guaranteed, and those who wish to be considered for Study Track B (Trento) must provide proof of meeting the additional language requirements outlined on the entry requirements section.
You should have a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject, such as social sciences, philosophy, geography, literature, language sciences, law, economics and management, political science, international relations, development, cooperation, peace studies, sociology, history. Other disciplines not listed here will be considered on an individual basis.
Academic backgrounds in the fields of science/engineering and computer science will be considered for Pathway A only. Applicants with a relevant work experience background in the fields of policing, security, intelligence and risk analysis will also be considered for Pathway A only. You can check your country-specific requirements on our country information pages.
If you are unsure whether your degree is suitable, you can email the programme convener to discuss.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
English Language Requirements:
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- overall score 6.5
- no sub-test less than 6.0
- or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification (see below)
- Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- ibTOEFL: 90 overall; no sub-test less than Reading: 20 ; Listening: 19; Speaking: 19; Writing: 23
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- PTE Academic (Person Test of English, Academic test): 60 overall; no sub-test less than 59
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII at Distinction with Distinction in all sub-tests
The following documents are required:
- Degree Certificate (and an official translation)
NB: Students who have not yet completed their degree can also apply. Please provide academic transcripts to date. Offers of a place on the programme will be conditional pending receipt of the final degree result. Applications will be considered for scholarship but any offer of a scholarship will also be conditional until the final degree result is confirmed. See ‘Note on conditional offers’ below.
- Official academic transcript(s), translated in to English (official translation) and showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Two supporting reference letters on official headed paper. These should typically be academic references but in cases where this is not possible then a reference from a current employer may be accepted instead. References should be dated within the last 12 months, written on official letter headed paper and include the referees signature or official stamp. Unofficial references will not be accepted. If your referee prefers their reference to remain confidential, they can email the reference to [email protected]
provided the email is from your referee’s professional email account and contains their full employee name and address. We will not accept references sent from personal email addresses or via a third-party.
- English Language Proficiency (if your first language is not English)
NB. In cases where it is not possible to provide proof of language qualification at this stage, applications will still be accepted but any offer of a place on the programme or of a scholarship will be conditional until the test result is received & verified by Admissions. See ‘Note on conditional offers’ below.
- A copy of the photo page of your passport
- CV – we highly recommend that you use the Europass CV format
Dossier de candidature
Informations de contact