The Scholarship scheme supports outstanding researchers from any country, either medically qualified or science graduates, who wish to pursue a research career in an academic institution in India. Applicants must have demonstrated their ability to lead an independent research project and group.
Degree Level: Post doc level Scholarship
Available Subjects: Basic Science and Veterinary Sciences
Scholarship Benefit: The fellowship has tenure of five years and provides:
- The Fellow’s personal support
- Research expenses, including research assistance if required (normally funding for four research staff may be requested).
- The total award for a Senior Fellowship typically includes the costs requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance. For further details, see costing policies. Costs requested by the applicant must be commensurate with their research proposal and should be fully justified in the full application. Inadequate justifications may result in costs being revised.
- Time permitted for non-research related activity during the fellowship is normally restricted to a maximum of eight hours each week.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarship is open for all countries
- The candidates are expected to have a sufficient record of publications and should have made intellectual contributions in their chosen area of research.
- The Senior and Intermediate Fellowship (SIF) competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience.
- The Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record. Please refer to the provisions and mandate of the schemes for assessing your eligibility.
- Typically, Senior Fellowships are considered suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of post-PhD research experience who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
- Applicants for the Senior Fellowship typically have a substantial record of publications and would have made significant intellectual contributions in their chosen area of research.
The detailed application procedure has been provide here by the scholarship funding agency.