Bourses de Recherche USA 2020 : The POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program -The East-West Center
Type de bourse
Bourse de Voyage
Date fin de candidature
31 déc. 2020
Bourses de Voyage USA 2020 : The POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program -The East-West Center
The East-West Center is proud to announce the POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program for international applicants in the USA . This visiting fellowship is available for outstanding scholars and policymakers.
The POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program is intended to promote research activities on Korean topics at the East-West Center.
The East-West Center promotes better relations and understanding among the people and nations of the United States, Asia, and the Pacific through cooperative study, research, and dialogue.
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to undertake research and writing on an agreed topic.
- Study Subject: Fellows will spend one or two months each carrying out policy-related research on contemporary issues in Korean studies. In particular, the POSCO Fellowship Program is intended to generate constructive and informative research in four important areas: (1) issues concerning the two Koreas and Northeast Asia; (2) security issues involving Korea and Northeast Asia; (3) economic and social issues in Korea; and (4) political development in South Korea.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International applicants
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: International applicants can apply for these fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: The Program invites outstanding scholars and policymakers to engage in policy-relevant, contemporary research on political, security, and economic issues in Northeast Asia, as they relate to Korea.
- They are required to give one seminar, prepare a high-quality paper to be submitted for publication, and join in East-West Center activities.
- Fellows may also be asked to participate in local outreach and public diplomacy activities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- Applicants must submit the following to be considered for a fellowship:
- Application form and should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to:
Denny Roy Coordinator of POSCO Visiting Fellowships East-West Center 1601 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96848-1601
- USAA cover letter indicating the research theme or project
- Curriculum vitae, which may be circulated among East-West Center staff
- Names of three referees, including full name, title, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address
- Research proposal (3 to 5 pages), which should do the following:
- Set out the issue or issues of the proposed investigation
- Describe the research method
- State the relationship of the proposed study to ongoing work in the area
- Explain how the proposed study can advance regional development and cooperation
- Propose the duration of fellowship required, the expected time that the applicant can be in residence at the East-West Center
- Describe the anticipated publication product
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Fellows are provided with a stipend and round-trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu.
Dossier de candidature
Informations de contact
Organismes proposant la bourse