We recommend an individual advising session before you submit your online application. The application deadlines are:
15 April (funding period: 1 October–30 September of the following year)
15 October (funding period: 1 April–31 March of the following year)
Contact the program coordinator should you have further questions. There is no legal entitlement to funding. Good luck with your application!
You will then be invited to register and to complete your application.
You must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- tabular CV
- letter of motivation with a PIASTA project proposal (see FAQs) and justifying your need
- proof of international social and/or political activities
- record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates
- Master’s students and doctoral researchers, submit your final certificate. Use this template(PDF) to list your academic achievements if they are not recorded in STiNE.
- evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
Template: evaluation form (PDF)
Only applications completed in full and submitted by the application deadline can be considered. Therefore, begin compiling your application documents early on and have these ready to upload to the application portal.
- good to excellent academic performance
- other verifiable knowledge and capabilities (e.g., presentations, publications, prizes); previous funding
- international social and/or political activities (e.g., confirmation of volunteer work)
- applicant’s need