Bourses d’étude : Etats-Unis 2019
Type de bourse
Date fin de candidature
15 Déc. 2018
Bourses d’étude : Etats-Unis 2019
Fall 2019 #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
Beginning in Fall 2019, participating colleges and universities will each offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides. Applicants will answer a short essay question or present a multimedia project about their ideas for advancing intercultural learning and understanding on their future campuses.
- Strengthen the message of #YouAreWelcomeHere.
- Create a globally recognized scholarship program forinternational students with consistent standards at participating U.S. colleges and universities.
- Provide increased access to U.S. higher education for talented international students.
- Develop future world leaders who will advance intercultural understanding.
- Create a lasting legacy for the continuing benefit of international students.
- First-year international applicants of any major to a participating college or university. International applicants are individuals who hold citizenship in a country outside the U.S. and who don’t also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Graduation from or attendance at a secondary school outside the U.S.
- Demonstrated interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants who meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines at each selected college or university. Details will vary from school to school.
- Completion of a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video describing their aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
Participating Colleges and Universities
International applicants are individuals who hold citizenship in a country outside the U.S. who don’t also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency The following schools have made an early commitment to the Fall 2019 scholarship. A final list of participating colleges and universities will be announced in September 2019. For details on a particular institution’s scholarship, please contact the school directly.
- Concordia College (Minnesota)
- Eastern Michigan University
- James Madison University (Virginia)
- University of Minnesota -Twin Cities
- Purdue University Northwest (Indiana)
- Seattle University
- Shoreline Community College (Washington)
- Temple University (Pennsylvania)
- Western New England University (Massachusetts)
Apply: Students should complete a #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application for each selected institution by December 15th 2018* and an essay or multimedia submission explaining how they would like to conduct projects, research, or experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
Confirm: If awarded the scholarship, students should secure their award by submitting a tuition deposit at their chosen college or university byMay 1st 2019.
*Some participating colleges and universities offer extended application deadlines. Check with individual schools for details.
Apply for admission at the participating university or college(s) of your choice. Then complete the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application and submit it directly to the participating university or college(s) of your choice. Follow the links above for detailed information about the scholarship process at each school.
Scholarship questions? Please contact individual schools for details.
Dossier de candidature
Informations de contact
Organismes proposant la bourse
You Are Welcome Here Scholarship Temple University, leader of the widespread #YouAreWelcomeHere social media campaign to encourage international students to study in the United States, has joined with eight other U.S. colleges and universities to launch...