Bourses d’étude France 2020 – Université Paris-Saclay
Type de bourse
Date fin de candidature
13 mai 2019
Bourses d’étude France 2020 – Université Paris-Saclay
Université Paris-Saclay aims to promote access for international students to its Master’s programmes, delivered by its member institutions, and to make it easier for highly-qualified international students to join the University, especially for those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
Scholarships will be awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year. Established with the IDEX funding of the 3rdProgramme Investissements d’Avenir, and awarded based on academic achievements, these scholarships are aimed at students admitted to Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programmes, and enrolled at one of the following member institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, Université d’Evry Val d’Essonne, Paris-Sud University, Université Versailles St-Quentin.
These scholarships are awarded for 1 or 2 years to students enrolled in a Master’s programme at Université Paris-Saclay, depending on the admission level (M1 or M2) and subject to students completing the required number of credits to advance to the next year level.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, Université Paris-Saclay and its founding members are implementing a broad exemption policy for all international students. Tuition fees for non-EU students enrolled in a Paris-Saclay Master’s programme will be brought into line with those of EU students (243€) at the start of the academic year.
Admission to a Master’s programme does not automatically entitle students to a scholarship.
For more information, please see the Eligibility criteria.
Students eligible for a Université Paris-Saclay IDEX scholarship will be selected by the admission panel among those students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme.
Only students who receive an email from Université Paris-Saclay inviting them to apply for a Université Paris-Saclay IDEXscholarship will be able to submit an application.
No unsolicited application will be accepted.
1) Selected students will automatically be sent a link by email to an online application form.
Upon receipt of this email, students wishing to apply will need to complete the online application form and provide (mandatory) the names of two references who would be willing to submit a reference for the candidate (director of studies, professor, internship coordinator…).
2) Each of the two references named by the candidate will be sent a link by email to an online recommendation form. They will be asked to complete and submit the form prior to the closing day of the scholarship call.
The candidate will automatically be informed when each reference has submitted the form.
3) The application file for a scholarship will be considered complete when both recommendation forms have been submitted by the two references.
Please note: the candidate will not receive a message confirming that the application is complete.
It is up to the candidate to ensure both references complete and submit the form by the deadline given in the invitation email.
Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will automatically be rejected.
Dossier de candidature
- Students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme and whose institution of administrative enrolment is one of the following: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UVSQ, UEVE, Paris-Sud University. Among these students, only those who answer one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Newly arrived international students, aged 30 and less during the course of the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, previously or currently enrolled in a training course or internship that does not lead to certification.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, taking language classes (type FFL).
- Students who have lived in France in the past, within the framework of a mobility programme during their studies (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees, exchange programme…) that did not lead to certification.
- All students who have been or who are enrolled in a French higher education institution during their studies, except international students enrolled in a French higher education institution abroad.
- Students who have interrupted their studies for more than 3 consecutive years.
- Students receiving any other type of funding whose amount exceeds 600€ per month.
Programmes / Fields:
- All academic fields are concerned.
- All Master’s programmes for which Université Paris-Saclay is accredited, except for vocational training.
Selection of laureates, evaluation criteria:
Reminder: admission to a Master’s programme does not automatically entitle students to a scholarship.
The selection of laureates falls within the scope of a jury made up of experts, members of Université Paris-Saclay institutions.
The evaluation criteria take in account the following:
- Academic level,
- Personal project,
- Specifically, for students enrolled in an M2 programme: written motivation to pursue a thesis in a Université Paris-Saclay laboratory.
Amount and payment of the scholarship:
- The amount of the Université Paris-Saclay scholarship is 10,000€ per year. It is paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of 10 consecutive months (September to June).
- A maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses can also be awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
- Laureates will receive their scholarship as well as travel expenses only upon arrival in France and once they have enrolled in the programme to which they were admitted.
No advance payment can be made.
Course Attendance and academic mobility:
- Selected students must follow the programme for which their scholarship was awarded in one of the member institutions of Université Paris-Saclay.
- The scholarship can be suspended in case of repeated absence without due justification.
- The scholarship will be suspended, without possibility for deferment, during the period of time the student attends courses in an institution outside Université Paris-Saclay (in France or abroad).
- Payment of the scholarship will be continued within the frame of compulsory mobility required by some Université Paris-Saclay programmes, or international university exchange programmes between Université Paris-Saclay and its partners (double degree with compulsory mobility, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees…). This compulsory mobility cannot be carried out in the student’s country or institution of origin.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended for any student mobility outside compulsory mobility.
- Placement years are authorized but not funded.
- Internships in research laboratories must be done in one of the Université Paris-Saclay research laboratories. Outside this framework, the scholarship will be suspended throughout the period of internship with no possibility for deferment.
- Internships in companies must be carried out in France.
- The scholarship will be suspended if internship wages exceed 600€/month.
All applicants to the scholarship programme will be informed by email of the jury’s decision.
Upon receiving the confirmation email, students will have 8 days to accept or refuse the scholarship. If students fail to respond within this timeframe, they will be deemed as having refused the scholarship.
Université Paris-Saclay reserves the right to refuse or cancel the scholarship awarded if the information provided by the candidate proves to be false.
Informations de contact
Organismes proposant la bourse
La situation de l’enseignement supérieur et de la recherche sur le territoire Paris-Saclay est le résultat de soixante ans d’une histoire qui prend ses origines dans l’immédiat après-guerre ...