In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding international talent, SCUT will provide about 70 full scholarships for full-time postgraduate studies under the Chinese government scholarship program.
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese national and be in good health.
(2) Education background and age limit:
– Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Applicants studying to earn a Doctorate degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
(3) Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship at any universities in China.
(1) Exempt from registration fee, tuition, and fee for accommodation;
(2) Monthly Living allowance:
– Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000
– Doctorate degree students: RMB 3,500
(3) Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
Step 1: Apply here
*Agency No: 10561 Type Category: B
Download <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf) and Print two copies.
tep 2: Apply here
Submit <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf) to the system.
All the master’s or doctoral applicants should contact supervisors from professional school in SCUT via mail or interview.
Note ===> English-medium master programs, such as Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Software Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering, does not need to find supervisors before applying. However, all the applicant’ material should be assessed by professional schools. When the successful applicants study at professional schools, the schools will arrange the supervisors to guide the students.
Step 3: Following <The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material> to prepare your application material. Then please deliver your paper document to Admissions Office of School of International Education, SCUT.
The Delivery Address: Admissions Office, School of International Education, SCUT Room 207, B1 Building, South China University of Technology, University Town Campus, Panyu District, Guangzhou. Postcode: 510006. Tel: 86-20-39381048 or 39381029 or 39382002.
4. Application Materials
(1) The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material
(2) APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
(3) SCUT APPLICATION FORM FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
(4) Front Page of Passport, Visa Page
(5) Highest diploma or Pre-graduate Certificate (original copy and notarized photocopy)
(6) Academic transcripts (original copy and notarized photocopy) (7) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (Chinese or English, no less than 500 words).
(8) Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors
(9) A pre-acceptance letter of supervisor issued by SCUT professors or associate professors
(10) The applicants of PhD have to submit Abstract(s) of Graduation Thesis (es) or Published Paper(s)
(11) One cassette records for those applying to music programs. Design protfolio for those applying to architecture programs.
(12) Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
(13) Regarding Language Certificate:
Language requirements for Chinese-Medium Programs:
-New HSK Band 4 with scores above 180 for Science or Engineering studies
-New HSK Band 5 with scores above 180 for Liberal Arts, Economics, or Management Studies.
Language requirements for English-Medium Programs (only for non-English speaking countries):
-TOEFL IBT 80 or above;
-IELTS 6.0 above or above.
Applications from English speaking countries:
–A letter of English as medium of instruction issued by graduated universities or education institutes
*All documents mentioned should be in either Chinese or English.
*Translations of certificate and transcripts must be notarized.
*All documents must be true and legal
5. Important Dates
(1) Application Date: December 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019
(2) First-round candidates will be published on the website in late May
(3) Successful applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website in late July
(4) The Office of International Student Recruitment will send Admission Notices and Visa application forms (JW201) to successful applicants in early August.
(5) Program Start Date: early September
Dossier de candidature