Bourses d’études : Mexique 2018
Type de bourse
Doctorat | Licence | Master
Date fin de candidature
28 sept. 2017
Bourses d’études : Mexique 2018
Committed to maintain the role of Mexico as an actor with gobal responsibility, as well as to strengthen the bonds of academics collaboration with partner countries; the training of human resources and the internationalization of Higher Education Institution, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
By offering Mexican government scholarships for international students, Mexico strengthens its role as an actor with global responsibility and renews its commitment to cooperation programs that help create highly-skilled human capital. The presence in Mexico of international students, academics and scientists helps build permanent bridges of dialogue that enrich the long-term foreign policy agenda through contributions of exceptional value for the country and its partners abroad. In addition, the Mexican institutions and academic community benefit from the increased internationalization.
Candidate Profile :
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D Degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of eighty (80), on a scale of 0 to 100, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received
- Be accepted or currently enrolled in a program of the participating Mexican institutions in this call
- The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master’s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree.
- On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered Preferred to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico’s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
- Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
- Except in special cases, scholarships cannot begin in November or December.
Scholarship Benefits :
- Monthly stipend of 4 (four) times the value of the unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Undergraduate mobility scholarships, Specializations, Master’s degrees or Master’s-level research, Spanish language or Mexican culture courses. During 2017, the stipend was calculated with the minimum salary in Mexico City and was equivalent of $9,604.80 pesos (approximately USD 529.77)
- Monthly stipend of 5 (five) times the value of The Unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Doctoral programs and Research periods, Postdoctoral fellowships and Medical specialities and subspecialties. During 2017, the stipend was calculated with the minimum salary in Mexico City and was equivalent of $12,066.00 Mexican pesos (approximately USD $665.52).
- Monthly stipends are not divisible or partial. The Scholarships will be paid at the end of each month.
- Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution ,subject to the final decision of the participating HEI, established in the letter of acceptance.
- Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting the third month of the scholarship. The Scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in mexico.
- The cost of the temporary resident/student visa issuance, for stays longer than 180 days.
- Depending on the reciprocity with the partner country, it will be included a round-trip international airfare at the beginning and/or satisfactory term of the scholarship. The air ticket will be purchased in economy class and will be considered the most convenient flight route for the Academic Exchange Office.
- Should the recipient of the scholarship is pursuing studies outside Mexico City, transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back will be provided, at the start and end of his/her academic activities.
Application Procedure :
- Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican embassy or concurrent embassy of the applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution. Only applications that fulfill all of the requirements will be considered.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
- Candidates will be informed of the results by the corresponding Mexican embassy or designated Mexican institution.
Dossier de candidature
Informations de contact