The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, grants two scholarships to a highly qualified applicant in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics (language of instruction: English).
1. The Scholarship will be known as the Computational Linguistics Scholarship (CLS).
2. The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2018/2019 and 2019/2020, which amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 240 EUR) per academic year for students from the EU, and 140 000 CZK (around 5 400 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU), and a contribution to living expenses of 110 000 CZK (around 4250 EUR) per academic year, plus a contribution to travel expenses up to 400 EUR. Payment details are described in the Scholarship Award Agreement.
3. Two Scholarships will be awarded.
4. The decision on awarding the Scholarship belongs to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University.
5. The Scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, for the academic years 2018/2019 and 2019/2020. Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science.
6. To apply for the CLS, you have to apply for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics using the Student Information System of the Charles University, and accompany your application with the following documents:
(i) curriculum vitae;
(ii) motivation letter;
(iii) list of publications (if applicable);
(iv) transcript(s) of records;
(v) photocopy of university diploma (if applicable);
(vi) application for the CLS (no prescribed form);
(vii) two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English. Documents under (i)-(v) should be uploaded (preferred format of documents is pdf) to the Student Information System of the University, see the previous paragraph. The CLS application (vi) and the letters of recommendation (vii) should be sent to the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are sent by the deadline for submitting application.
7. Candidates must not be recipients of any other external scholarships or grants for a living allowance.
8. The deadline for submitting applications is 31 May 2018; within this deadline, all documents proving that applicant meets the Master’s Entry Requirements must be submitted as well.
9. Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by 30 June 2018 at the latest. The offer of the Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter offering it. If a candidate declines the Scholarship or does not take it up, the Dean may offer the Scholarship to another candidate.
10. The successful candidate will be expected to complete the two-year programme and will study full-time. If the recipient does not complete the programme he will be liable to refund the scholarship amount in full.Dossier de candidature