Bourses d’études Russie 2020 : Master Program at The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
Type de bourse
Date fin de candidature
16 juill. 2020
Bourses d’études Russie 2020 : Master Program at The Skolkovo Institute
of Science and Technology
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) established in collaboration with MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is now accepting applications for fully-funded positions to pursue Master of Science and PhD programs. All international students are eligible to apply for this application program.
Skoltech aims to provide the maximum financial aid to of its students. All admitted Master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend as well as full tuition, housing, and medical insurance
Founded in 2011 with MIT collaboration, Skoltech will be responsible for preparing the new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, expanding the range of scientific knowledge, and stimulating technological innovation with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
The Master of Science programs are two years. Students will complete a thesis. All students accepted into MSc programs will receive(i) a tuition waiver(covering the full price of tuition) as well as (ii) a basic starting stipend of 40k RUB (around 550 EUR; tax-free) which goes to 55k RUB (around 780 EUR; tax-free) after the proven performance for six months and (iii) medical insurance.
- Application Deadline: Application deadlines for MSc and PhD program are:
MSc programs: July 16, 2020
PhD programs: August 2, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue MSc and PhD programs.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the following subjects: Data Science, Information Science and Technology, Materials Science, Energy Systems, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Life Sciences, Petroleum Engineering, Space and Engineering Systems, Photonics and Quantum Materials, Mathematical and Theoretical Physics programs
- Award: Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40.000 RUR per month at MSc programs. Free medical insurance. Variety of academic mobility programs.
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Domestic, as well as international students
- The award can be taken in Russia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic, as well as international students, are eligible to apply for this application program.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
Master’s Programs: an appropriate bachelor’s degree, or it’s equivalent, from a recognized University
Doctoral Programs: an appropriate master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, from a recognized University
Who can apply?
Applications are open to domestic and international students. Applicants must be in the final year of their undergraduate studies or hold a higher education degree (Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Specialist degree) in one of the following areas of study: mathematics, technical science, applied science, physics, chemistry, biology, or related areas. Additionally, you must have a record of success in your studies as well as knowledge of English.
Skoltech focuses on acquiring the highest levels of talent and applicants must meet at least the minimum requirements. Those who hold a degree in humanities or social sciences must have extended knowledge in one of the five areas of study offered by Skoltech.
As Skoltech receives many more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have placements available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
- English Language Requirements: If Available: Official TOEFL or IELTS results (if English is not the native language of the applicant)
How to Apply: The Skoltech offers an online application at the website to make the process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, we advise that you carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
Apply for MSc Programs 2020: The application includes an online form, your CV, a motivation letter, 2 reference letters and, if available, the English test results (TOEFL or IELTS, the certificate should be valid).
Dossier de candidature
Apply for PhD Programs 2020: Applications to the PhD program are accepted at this page. As part of the process, applicants must present the following:
- Online application
- Motivation letter
- Proof of proficiency in English, i.e., TOEFL or IELTS (students may submit an application without this information, but all will be asked to provide it at a later date)
- Copy of transcripts, in English (and original language) of all higher education institutions, attended. In the application phase, copies will be sufficient, but official copies must be provided at a later date.
- Optional: results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- As part of the admission process, applicants should indicate the Skoltech faculty member(s) with whom they wish to pursue doctoral studies.
Informations de contact
Organismes proposant la bourse
Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology is a private institute located in Moscow, Russia. Skoltech was established in 2011 as part of a mul...