Bourses d’études USA 2020 : Grant for Women of Developing Countries in South Africa by Margaret McNamara
Type de bourse
Bac | Doctorat | Licence | Master
Date fin de candidature
14 sept. 2020
Bourses d’études USA 2020 : Grant for Women of Developing Countries in South Africa by
Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund is offering a grant for women of developing countries in South Africa. The award is available for the academic year 2020/21.
This scholarship is open for students from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand.
After the completion of the program, applicants must return to their home countries. Applicants must be in financial need and must have good academic performance.
- Scholarship Provider: The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
- Course Level: Grant is available for students who are currently studying at the University of Witwatersrand, University Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and the University of Capetown.
- Number of award(s): Not Known
- Duration of award(s): Not Known
- Awards: MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each.
- Program can be taken at South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Women applicants of developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Ivory Coast, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay)
- Study Subject(s): Grant is available to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Witwatersrand, University Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and University of Capetown.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to working to empower women and children in developing countries. (see detailed instructions on applications)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Intend to return to a developing country within two years of completing a degree or intend to remain in developing country at least two years to work towards empowerment of women and children
- Are 25 years old at the time of application deadline
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMMF Country
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution at the time of application and plan to be enrolled for a full academic year upon receipt of the grant
- Not be a relative of a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff or his/her spouse
- Have not received an MMMF grant previously
- Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa should be in possession of a study permit for South Africa
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online by completing an Application Form. Before starting the MMEG application process, please scan the following documents in digital form (pdf preferred, jpeg or png)
- Identification (ID) card with photo: (a) national passport page with photo and date of birth, if studying outside your home country, or (b) government/university-issued identity card with photo and birth date;
- Most recent proof of official registration from university (not their acceptance letter);
- Most recent official university transcripts and/or reports
- Visa page or study permit page within the current passport (if studying outside home country);
- Second passport page with a clear photo (in case of dual citizenship).
You will be asked to upload these documents at specific areas of the online application form. You will also provide:
Dossier de candidature
- Brief paragraphs of your personal story, and a description of how your studies, experiences and future plans are linked to your commitment to women and children in developing countries
- An estimate of your financial situation for the coming academic year, and planned strategies to cover funding needs
- A summary of your thesis (if applicable), including its objective, methodology and findings, and relationship to career goals.
- Two reference letters are required.
Informations de contact
Organismes proposant la bourse
Our organization draws inspiration from Margaret McNamara, and her vision of education and gender equality. Margaret used her influence as wife of Robert McNamara, the World Bank’s fifth Preside...