Bourses d’études Japon 2020 : PhD in Sustainability Science – The United Nations University
Type de bourse
Date fin de candidature
10 avr. 2020
Bourses d’études Japon 2020 : PhD in Sustainability Science
The United Nations University
The United Nations University is now accepting applications for the PhD in Sustainability Science (2020) Scholarships. The grant is available to the applicants who must be from developing countries and can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. The program offers unique opportunities to interact with leading scholars and policymakers through lectures, international conferences, and workshops.
The United Nations University (UNU) is a global think tank and postgraduate learning organization with headquarters in Japan. The mission of the UNU is to contribute to efforts to solve global problems of human existence, development, and welfare through cooperative research and education, which concern the United Nations, its people, and member states.
Why at UNU? United Nations University offers a unique educational opportunity available anywhere in the world. it offers a growing range of master’s, doctoral and short-term programmes that equip the leaders of tomorrow with the necessary academic foundations to effectively address pressing global problems.
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in the field of sustainability
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- A strong interest in sustainability studies
- A minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-IAS research themes which were acquired after obtaining a university degree (full-time equivalent), or Two completed Master’s degrees, at least one of which must be in a discipline related to sustainability studies
- Those who expect to receive a second Master’s degree before the entrance period – September 2020 – may also apply
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are not eligible for the award.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second PhD degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the fund.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: http://postgraduate.ias.unu.edu/forms/
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Admission Requirements: A GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale for at least one of the Master’s degrees earned
- Language Requirement: The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are: 600 on TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT) or 100 on TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT) or 7.0 on IELTS – Academic format
The JFUNU scholarship provides
Dossier de candidature
- A monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months.
- However, travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
- The tuition fees are fully waived for the opportunity recipients.
Informations de contact
Organismes proposant la bourse
The United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) The United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) is a leading resea...